V
Variety is the spice of life.
變化是生命的調味品。豐富多彩是生活的情趣所在。
Virtue is its own reward.
為善自得其樂。

W

Walls have ears.
壁上有耳。隔牆有耳。

Waste not, want not.
不浪費,就不虞匱乏

We all make mistakes.
任何人皆會有錯。 人非聖賢,孰能無過?

Well begun is half done.
好的開始是成功的一半。

We must take the bad with the good.
勤能補拙。

What can't be cured must be endured.
無能為力之事只得忍耐。

What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.
它不但殺不了你,反倒使你更強壯。把吃苦當作吃補。(越挫越勇)


Whatever a man sow, that shall he also reap.
種瓜得瓜,種豆得豆。

What goes around comes around.
十年河東,十年河西;風水輪流轉。

What is sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.
雌鵝可以吃的,雄鵝也可以吃。依樣畫葫蘆。

When the cat's away, the mice will play.
貓不在,老鼠就鬧翻天。山中無老虎,猴子稱大王。

When the going gets tough, the tough get going.
越挫越勇。

When you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.
當你聽到蹄聲時,要想到是馬的蹄聲,而不是斑馬的。不可掉以輕心.

Where one door shuts, another opens.
這門閉,那門開。 天無絕人之路,人生總有轉機。

Where there is a will there is a way.
有志者事竟成。


While there's life, there's hope.
有生命就有希望。活著就有希望。

Who keeps company with the wolves, will learn to howl.
近朱者赤,近墨者黑

Words cut more than swords.
舌劍利於刀劍。


Y
You can lead (take) a horse to water but you can't make it drink.
你可以引馬就水,不可以強迫馬喝水。要順勢而為,不可逆勢而為。

You cannot burn the candle at both ends.
蠟燭不能兩頭燒(勿過份消耗體力)。

You cannot get blood out of a stone.
石頭擠不出血來(鐵石心腸那有淚)。

You can't have your cake and eat it too.
又想吃掉餅,又想餅在你手邊。 天下哪有這麼好的事!

You cannot sell the cow and drink the milk.
魚與熊掌不可兼得。

You cannot teach an old dog new tricks.
老狗變不出新花樣(人老則守舊)。

You can't have it both ways.
不能兩者兼得。魚與熊掌不可兼得。

You can't make an omlette without breaking eggs.
不把蛋打碎,哪得煎蛋餅。畏手畏?,大事不成。

You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.
粗手粗腳成不了大事。

You can't run with the hare and hunt with the hounds.
你不可以邊跟著野兔跑,邊帶獵犬去打獵。不可腳踏兩條船;不可兩面討好。

You have to crawl before you can walk.
你要先學會爬,再學如何走路。別想一步沖天(要按部就班)

arrow
arrow
    全站熱搜

    英倫翻譯社 發表在 痞客邦 留言(0) 人氣()